17th October 23
7. Enrichment Opportunities: DLD College London offers a wide range of co-curricular activities with over 50 clubs on offer allowing students to explore their interests, develop new skills, and form lasting friendships.
8. Pastoral and Wellbeing Support: DLD College London prioritizes the well-being of its students, offering dedicated pastoral care and support services to ensure a positive and supportive learning environment. Pastoral care of our students is a key strength of the school, where we were judged ‘Excellent’ for personal development in the 2019 ISI inspection and have been recognised with numerous awards for our wellbeing provision including ISA’s Excellence and Innovation in Mental Health and Wellbeing, Boarding Schools’ Association Awards Wellbeing & Mental Health Initiative Award, TES independent Schools Awards Wellbeing Initiative of the Year and Carnegie Centre of Excellence for Mental Health in Schools Boarding School Mental Health Award. We have a dedicated wellbeing centre at the school and all staff are training in the Mental Health First Aid qualification in order to improve their understanding of the challenges that young people face, and there are a number of certified qualifications that staff work towards to strengthen their practice – at DLD we are constantly improving to provide the best support and experience to students.
9. Alumni Success: The college has a strong track record of successful alumni who have gone on to excel in their chosen fields, reflecting our commitment to producing well-rounded and accomplished individuals, ready for future challenges and the careers to tomorrow. Notable alumni from DLD College London include:
10. 5* On-Site Urban Boarding: At DLD we have made the innovative mould for 21st Century Urban Boarding. We have received numerous accolades, winning, and being shortlisted for many Awards, most recently for Independent Boarding School of the Year 2022 and for the Boarding Schools’ Association award for Supporting International Boarders for three consecutive years, recognising our incredible urban boarding and support for student welfare. DLD College London is the only school in Central London with boarding in the same building. Living immediately above the school, we want our boarders to feel that this is their ‘home away from home’. We provide holistic, all-round pastoral care delivered through our small House communities, each led by one of our team of Resident Houseparent’s. Unlike some other boarding schools, we encourage boarders to be able to explore London safely, with support structures in place to keep everyone safe, and to get the most out of living in the most exciting city in the world. You can find out more about why London is the best place to study here.
11. Multi-Award-Winning School: DLD has won multiple awards over the last few years, most notably in the Independent School of the Year Awardsin the 2020/21 academic year, winning the much-coveted Boarding School of the Year and also receiving the accolade of the Special Judges’ Award for Independent School of the Year. The school is recognised for its unique space in the independent education sector as it innovates and leads new ways of delivering education and pastoral care, while striving to create unique learning opportunities for its students. You can read more about our awards.
12. Modern Approach: At DLD, we combine the traditional with the modern to prepare students for the careers of the future, all within our purpose-built, modern building. Our unique Year 9 offer is designed to spark a love of learning, preparing students for the careers of tomorrow whilst providing a solid bedrock of traditional knowledge and skills. Taking advantage of the school’s central London position on the South Bank, our innovative curriculum has an Urban School Project element where, once a week, London truly is the classroom. Students will work on cross-curricular projects, getting involved in the community in which they live, and develop their research, inquiry and reflection skills, actively using everything the capital has to offer, thereby instilling an awareness and interest beyond the conventional. Our Key Stage More curriculum allows for traditional GCSEs to be combined with innovative BTEC options to stand out from the crowd and provide bespoke learning opportunities whilst the school is equipped with a state of the art e-sports lab for BTEC and co-curricular activities to develop skills in coding, data analytics, software development and much more.
Overall, DLD College London offers a unique educational experience that combines academic excellence, personal development, and a vibrant cultural setting in the heart of London.
What are you waiting for? Book a visit to see for yourself!