A good pass in A Level Music is usually needed in order to be able to study it at a higher level. For many courses you have to pass a performance test and/or offer a pass at a high level in the Associated Board grade examinations. You can take a Music degree at university, where you will be studying alongside students in other disciplines, or at a Music college or Conservatoire, which caters only for music students. Two examples of the latter are the Royal College and the Royal Academy of Music. Past students have gone on to study for degrees in performance or even to train to become music teachers themselves.