DLD Pre A Level CourseThe purpose of this course is to equip students with the right skills and knowledge to be successful in their studies at DLD in the sixth form
DLD Pre A Level Course Options 2019-2020
Year 11 Programme options – minimum entry requirement of IELTS 5.0 equivalent
DLD Pre A Level Course: Maths GCSE and English (GCSE or IELTS) plus a wider curriculum leading to DLD sixth form programme only.
NCFE accreditation (tbc)
DLD Pre A Level Course
|Maths GCSE||Academic English||Critical Thinking|
|Understanding the world around us||Either Art|
International students may find it hard in a one-year fast track programme to get the results which really reflect their true potential.
The purpose of the DLD Pre A Level Course therefore is to equip students with the right skills and knowledge to be successful in their studies at DLD in the sixth form. Learning how to study, developing critical and analytical skills are more relevant in our changing world, especially for students who do not yet know what career they wish to pursue later on or where their strengths lie. Our priority is to ensure all students progress with the necessary skills to be successful.
The course comprises of the following categories:
|Academic English |
Or English Language GCSE
|Understanding the world around us|
|ICT and basic coding|
And one of the following options:
|Modern Foreign Language|
|Tutor Period||1 period|
The DLD Pre A Level Course will focus on key skills and knowledge with 4 compulsory elements:
- Critical thinking
- ICT – how to use the technology to help learning and prepare for Level 2 Project Qualification – (an EPQ at Level 2)
- Understanding the world around us:
The Business world
- Self-Development and confidence building (Public speaking or Drama skills and developing writing skills)
- Mod language DELF – starting from scratch is possible
- Music appreciation or Art
Assessment will be based on producing a portfolio of assignments demonstrating knowledge, ICT skills, communication skills (oral and written) and analysis. On completion of the programme students will be awarded the DLD Bacc.
What should be in the portfolio?
Students need to submit a portfolio comprising of 4 components minimum out of the following:
- Critical Thinking exam (essay based)
- Understanding the world around us (exam)
- Self-Development and confidence building: Public speaking presentation or LAMDA qualification
- Level 2 Higher Project (Edexcel qualification)
- Modern language qualification DELF/DELE …
- Music appreciation
- Art (sketchbook and exam piece)
Progression to either the A Level or the IFP programme (subject to age)
Students need to pass all 4 components of the DLD Pre A Level Course as well as obtaining at least IELTS equivalent to 5.5.