- 2nd Annual DLD and Abbey College London Prom
- 5th Annual DLD College London 6th Form Field Study
- Italy Ski Trip
- Thinking of Applying for Medicine at University?
- DLD College 2013 Annual Prom
- DLD is going on a Ski Trip!
- International Student Public Speaking Competition in Cambodia
- GCSE Success at DLD College – June 2012
- DLD Drama Department Update - 2012 LAMDA Awards
- Baroness Pauline Perry to Join Alpha Plus Board of Governors
- DLD College – A-level Results 2012
- Open Day 29th August 2012
- Open Day 28th June 2012
- Masquerade Prom 2012
- End of Year Art & Photography Show
- Charity Football Tournament
- Geography Dept. trip to Slapton Ley
- Springboard4Asia’s UK Education Fair
- Volunteer Reading Help
- Welcome To Thebes
- Charity reception - Thank You
- 80th Anniversary Charity reception
- Increase in demand for A-level resits
- DLD A-level results 2011
- Congratulations David
- Easter 2011 Newsletter
- Successful Inspection by ISI
- New 2 Year GCSE Programme
- Open Day 22nd September 2010
- Thinking of applying for Medicine?
- Production of A Clockwork Orange
- Christmas Newsletter
- Staff news, farewells
- Welcome New Staff
- London to Brighton Bike Ride
- Rude Britannia: British Comic Art
- DLD Awards Ceremony
- Open Day 2nd February 2010
- Geography Field Trip 2011
- Vacancy - Houseparent
- Annual DLD End of Year Award Ceremony - March 2013
News and EventsCharity Football Tournament
Once again this popular annual event took place at The Westway Sports Complex on the afternoon of the 30th of March (the last day of term) Over 100 students & staff took part or supported the event as spectators. This included around 50 playing students, old boys and staff who made up 6 very competitive teams. The teams were made up of a combination of year 10, year 11, AS and A2 students, alongside an old boys & staff team.
The weather God was smiling so on a beautiful sunny Friday afternoon players and supporters eagerly set off from the college to the football venue exchanging good humoured banter along the way. As the rules were explained and the warm-up routines completed our referees blew their whistles and the games were started!
The shock of the tournament was that the Staff & Old Boys Team, the reigning champions, failed to progress beyond the group stages for the first time in years; blaming the ball (flat, not round, too light) the heat, the fact that some new players had not had the chance to train together, and of course the referee; even though he was a teacher!
This year there were some particularly strong teams who played a good team game, vital in 5-a-side. The two keenly contested semi-final matches resulted in victories both for The Green Team and MMG, and so they were to meet in the final and compete for the trophy. A closely fought final, had neither team giving an inch, with players competing for every ball and both showing great resilience. By the final whistle the score remained 0 - 0.
Now it was time for the penalty shoot out; this would decide the winner. Suddenly it all became very tense and there were a lot of nervous players with tired legs. The tournament was finally won through an excellent penalty, re- taken under pressure by Alfie Nickerson who slotted the ball home pass the goalkeeper to make the score 4 - 3.
The victorious Green team was captained by Eamon Aladay and comprised of Rory, Zak, Rupert, and of course winning penalty scorer Alfie!
The runners up were the MMG Team, captained by Gordon Teny
A wonderful combination of good weather, enthusiastic involvement and excellent behaviour made this event an extremely enjoyable one for all concerned.
Around £430.00 was raised which will be donated to the College's chosen charities.
Annual DLD End of Year Award Ceremony - March 2013
DLD College's annual end-of-year award ceremony took place in Marylebone Parish Church, on Friday March 13th, 3-4 pm.Read More
2nd Annual DLD and Abbey College London Prom
The 2nd Annual ACL/DLD Prom was held at The Lansdowne Club in Mayfair on Friday May 3rd.Read More
5th Annual DLD College London 6th Form Field Study
From March 11-14th DLD's Geography department, in collaboration with Portland Place School embarked upon their 5th Annual 6th Form Field Study, this year taking in the beautiful scenery of Malham Tarn in North Yorkshire.Read More